1. Operation of Account of Local Fund
The Town Nazim has operate the accounts of local fund of the Town Municipal Administration jointly with the Town Municipal Officer where the amount to be drawn from the account by cheque exceeds Rs. 50,000/=.
Provided that the Town Officer (Finance) may be authorized in writing by the Town Nazim to operate the account jointly with him in the absence of Town Municipal Officer.
The following authorized of the Town Municipal Administration have the same financial power of the category of officer indicated against that authority as given the second schedule part one power common to all departments in the delegation of financial power roles 1990 of the Govt. of the Punjab for sanctioning and incurring contingent expenditure out of local fund for items duly provided in the sanction budget.
Town Municipal Officer
The business of TMA Shujabad has been conducted by the Nazim, TOs, as follows: -
2. Regulation Branch
1. Regulate markets and service.
2. Issue Licenses, Permits, Grants, Permissions and impose penalties for volition thereof, as and when applicable.
3. Management of Municipal Land, States, Properties, Facilities, Assets and Enterprises vested in the Town Municipal Administration Shujabad.
4. Enforcement of all Municipal Laws Rules and By Laws Governing the Function of Town Municipal Administration.
5. Prevention of encroachments on Public Lands and places.
6. Prosecute sue and follow up Criminal Civil and Recovery proceedings against Violators of Municipal Laws in the Courts of competent jurisdiction.
7. Regulate affixing of signboards and advertisements.
3. Infrastructure and Services Branch
1. Provision Management operation maintenance and improvement of the Municipal Infrastructure and Services including.
i. Water Supply and control and development of water resources other than systems maintained by the Union and village councils.
ii. Sewage and Sewage treatment and Disposal.
iii. Storm Water Drainage.
iv. Sanitation and Solid waste collection and sanitary Disposal of Solid Liquid Industrial and Hospital wastes.
v. Road and Streets other than Roads filling under the jurisdiction are village council.
vi. Traffic planning engineering and management including traffic signaling System, Signs on Roads, Street Markings, Parking places, Transports Stations, Stops, Stands and Terminals.
vii. Street Lighting Firefighting, Parks, Play Ground, open spaces and arboriculture and Slaughter houses.
2. Organize Sports Cultural Recreation events fairs and shows.
3. Organize Cattle fairs and Cattle Markets.
4. Coordinate and Support Municipal Functions amongst Unions and Villages.
4. Planning Branch
1. Prepare spatial plans for the Town in Collaboration with Union Administration including plans for Land use Zoning and Functions for which Town Municipal Administration is responsible.
2. Exercises control over land use, land-division, land development and zoning by public and private sectors for any purpose including agriculture, industry, commerce, markets, shopping and other employment centers, residential, recreation, parks, entertainment, passenger and transport freight and transit stations;
3. Building control
4. execute and manage development plans;
5. Develop and manage schemes collaboration with District Government and Union Administration;
6. Compile information provided by Union and village councils of prioritized projects in the Tehsil/town; and
7. Maintain municipal records and archives;
5. Finance Branch
1. Prepare budget, long term and annual municipal development programmers in collaboration with the Union Administrations under the direction of the Town Nazim.
2. Propose Taxes, cases user fees, rates, rents, tolls, charges, fines and penalties under Part II of the Second Schedule of the Punjab Local Govt. approval of the Town Council and the same after such approval.
3. Collect approved taxes, cess, user fees, rates, rents tolls, charges, penalties and fines.
4. Management Control of Local Fund.
5. Prepare financial statements and present them for internal and external audit in the manner as may be prescribed.
6. Maintenance of accounts.
7. Maintain with the assistance of the District Govt. Union and village Councils a comprehensive database and information system for Town municipal Administration and provide public access to it on nominal charges.